Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Live from Brewerton, NY, it's .......... me!

So, first let me say I hope all of you had a safe, healthy, and happy Christmas and offer my best wishes for the new year. I hope Santa was as good to you as he was to me! Of course, it helps to give your wife a list of Lee Valley tools with the item numbers and precise descriptions. In the tool department, I scored a Veritas Low angle smoother plane and a medium shoulder plane, a new Starrett 12 inch combo square, a Crown 8 inch gent's saw, some screwdrivers, and a couple of other things non woodworking oriented. Ahhh, fresh iron to play with........

Now, I realize it's a new year and all, but there is some old business to tend to. I really need to finalize the Used Hand Plane series. The problem is that some of the particulars of tuning a plane can be difficult to describe in writing. So, I will be broadcasting a live, online Used Hand Plane tune up Demo for the the finale. I will briefly recap what I've covered in the previous posts regarding iron bench plane design and selection of a used plane. Then we will cover all the steps to get your used plane shaving smoothly - and, if we're lucky, even wispy. So, please join me Saturday, January 17th (2009) at 12:00 noon in The Woodwhisperer chat room. To view my broadcast, choose the "muddlercam" from the pull down menu under the webcam box:

http://thewoodwhisperer.com/live/

You can also view the broadcast live or the recorded demo after the broadcast at my Ustream site:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/muddlercam

There are chat rooms at both sites, but keep in mind that it's difficult to follow two different chat rooms while trying to broadcast. If you would like to ask questions or make comments during the broadcast, I will be monitoring only the Wood Whisperer chat during that time. After the live demo, I will be posting the link to the recorded version here in the blog along with any other links I mention during the demo. If we have time, I will also cover the stock blade vs. the Hock blade comparison. If my primary goal subjects take too much time, then I will schedule another demo and post the recording link after.

I hope to see you there!

Mikey

No comments: